- WHM Tutorial (Part – 1): What is WHM & How to login in WHM
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 2): What is package & How to Create a Package
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 3): Edit & Delete a Package
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 4): Creating An Account in cPanel
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 5): Modify an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 6): Changing Password
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 7): Suspend & Unsuspend an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 8): Terminate an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 9): Upgrade & Downgrade an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 10): DNS Zone File
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 11): Changing DNS Zone
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 12): Account Information
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 13): Support
Sometimes it is required to change the Domain Name, Username, E-mail ID, Different Quotas, etc of a particular cPanel. Here is how to change it –
From ‘Account Functions’ tab, select the “Modify an Account’ option. Then select the domain name from the appeared list.
See the Basic information chart. Data can be changed here are –
- Primary Domain: What domain name is used while creating the account can be changed here. As an example, I can change net as my new domain instead of amusingocean.com
Now clicking the Save button will change the domain name and all the sub-domain created under this domain will also change.
- Username: Sometimes it is required to change the username and it can be changed from here.
- Contact E-mail: If it is required to change the client’s e-mail id, it can be changed from here.
- Default Locale: You can change the language of the particular cPanel from here.
- cPanel theme: Theme can be changed here.
In Resource Limits option –
- Package: What is the current package will appear here. It can be upgraded by clicking on ‘Change’ where options of changing package will appear.
- E-mail Accounts: If you want you can change the amount of e-mail accounts of a particular cPanel.In the same way, FTP Accounts, Mailing Lists, SQL Databases, Sub-domains, Parked Domains, Addon Domains, Mongrel Instances (Ruby on Rails), Maximum Hourly Email by Domain Relayed, Maximum Percentage of Failed or Deferred messages a Domain May Send Per hour can be changed.Then clicking on ‘Save’ button, a message will appear that ask you to confirm about the changes for the upgraded package of the particular cPanel. Then we have to click on ‘Proceed’ button.