- WHM Tutorial (Part – 1): What is WHM & How to login in WHM
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 2): What is package & How to Create a Package
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 3): Edit & Delete a Package
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 4): Creating An Account in cPanel
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 5): Modify an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 6): Changing Password
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 7): Suspend & Unsuspend an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 8): Terminate an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 9): Upgrade & Downgrade an Account
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 10): DNS Zone File
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 11): Changing DNS Zone
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 12): Account Information
- WHM Tutorial (Part – 13): Support
What is package & How to Create a Package
Package is one of the necessary features for Reseller. But what is package? Package means covering some specific things associated with fixed elements by a cover or a label.
In hosting, package is important because different disk spaces and bandwidth facilities are needed for different customers. Moreover, package need to be created for providing certain amount of disk spaces in certain price in the business. And it’s a mess to create disk space, bandwidth again and again for every web hosting account. Moreover, almost all hosting providers have fixed hosting plans and once by creating the packages according to those fixed plans, certain amount of resource will be set while selecting the package during creating an account.
How to create a new package:
- Give a name to the package. (circle 1 in the above picture)
- Mention how much disk can be used. (circle 2 in the above picture)
- Mention the monthly bandwidth limitation. (circle 3)
- Mention how many FTP (File Transfer Protocol) can be used from that package. (circle 4)
- Need to mention how many E-mail accounts can be created. (circle 5)
- Set limitation of number of MySQL database can be permitted. (circle 7)
- Set how many Sub domains can be created by that package user account.
- Set the amount of Parked domains.
- Set the amount of Addon domains.
- To set unlimited option, need to write Unlimited there. But if you’re a Reseller and you don’t have permission to set unlimited option, then you can’t set unlimited to anything.
- Theme can be set for cPanel. The default theme is always set on X3.
- To disable the package, it can be done from Feature List.
- From Locale option, you can set language.
- Finally need to click Add button to create the package.